This book leads readers from a basic foundation to an advanced level understanding of algebra, logic and combinatorics. Perfect for graduate or PhD mathematical-science students looking for help in understanding the fundamentals of the topic, it also explores more specific areas such as invariant theory of finite groups, model theory, and enumerative combinatorics.
Algebra, Logic and Combinatorics is the third volume of the LTCC Advanced Mathematics Series. This series is the first to provide advanced introductions to mathematical science topics to advanced students of mathematics. Edited by the three joint heads of the London Taught Course Centre for PhD Students in the Mathematical Sciences (LTCC), each book supports readers in broadening their mathematical knowledge outside of their immediate research disciplines while also covering specialized key areas.
- Introduction to the Finite Simple Groups (Robert Wilson)
- The Invariant Theory of Finite Groups (Peter Fleischmann and Jim Shank)
- Introduction to Representations of Algebras and Quivers (Anton Cox)
- Model Theory (Ivan Tomasic)
- Enumerative Combinatorics (Peter Cameron)
Shaun Bullett / Frank Smith/ Tom Fearn
1786340305 | 978-1-78634-032-0
Volumen 3: LTCC Advanced Mathematics Series