The sixth edition of this book continues teaching numerical analysis and techniques. Suitable for students with mathematics and engineering backgrounds, the breadth of topics (partial differential equations, systems of nonlinear equations, and matrix algebra), provide comprehensive and flexible coverage of numerical analysis. This edition includes sections which discuss the use of computer algebra systems such as Maple, Mathematica, and MATLAB.
1. Solving Nonlinear Equations
2. Solving Sets of Equations
3. Interpolation and Curve Fitting
4. Approximation of Functions
5. Numerical Differentiation and Numerical Integration
6. Numerical Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations
7. Boundary-Value Problems
8. Parabolic and Hyperbolic Partial-Differential Equations
9. The Finite Element Method
App. A. Some Basic Information from Calculus
App. B. Deriving Formulas by the Method of Undetermined Coefficients
App. C. Software Resources.
Curtis F. Gerald / Patrick O. Wheatley
0201474352 | 9780201474350