Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis has long been regarded as the most dependable textbook for students otherwise intimidated by the subject matter. With this new 10th edition, Irwin and Nelms continue to develop the most complete set of pedagogical tools available and thus provide the highest level of support for students entering into this complex subject.
Irwin and Nelms trademark student-centered learning design focuses on helping students complete the connection between theory and practice. This theme starts with chapter openers that include specific learning objectives for the chapter, around which all chapter content is structured. All key concepts are described in text, illustrated with solved example problems, and then followed by Learning Assessments, which are similar problems with the answer given, but not the solution. Students can then complete the connection by solving an algorithmic variation of that. Further end-of-chapter problems gradually raise the level of complexity.
2. Resistive Circuits.
3. Nodal and Loop Analysis Techniques.
4. Operational Amplifiers.
5. Additional Analysis Techniques.
7. First- and Second-Order Transient Circuits.
8. AC Steady-State Analysis.
9. Steady-State Power Analysis.
10. Magnetically Coupled Networks.
11. Polyphase Circuits.
12. Variable-Frequency Network Performance.
13. The Laplace Transform.
14. Application of the Laplace Transform to Circuit Analysis.
15. Fourier Analysis Techniques.
16. Two-Port Networks.