Need a chemistry textbook you can actually understand? CHEMISTRY starts with the basics and illustrates as it goes so you’ll be able to follow each concept fully. Plus, this edition has a full online course available in OWL (Online Web-based Learning), a flexible web-based homework management system complete with simulations and tutorial. Available separately. OWL also includes several Go Chemistry™, mini video lectures for key concept review and exam prep that you can view in OWL, download to your desktop, or import to your portable video player to study on the go!
Authored by Wendy L. Keeney-Kennicutt of Texas A&M University, this manual contains answers and solutions to all even-numbered end-of-chapter exercises. Solutions are divided by section for easy reference. With this guide, the author helps you achieve a deeper, intuitive understanding of the material through constant reinforcement and practice.
2. Chemical Formulas and Composition Stoichiometry.
3. Chemical Equations and Reaction Stoichiometry.
4. The Structure of Atoms.
5. Chemical Periodicity.
6. Some Types of Chemical Reactions.
7. Chemical Bonding.
8. Molecular Structure and Covalent Bonding Theories.
9. Molecular Orbitals in Chemical Bonding.
10. Reactions in Aqueous Solutions I: Acids, Bases, and Salts.
11. Reactions in Aqueous Solutions II: Calculations.
12. Gases and the Kinetic-Molecular Theory.
13. Liquids and Solids.
15. Chemical Thermodynamics.
16. Chemical Kinetics.
17. Chemical Equilibrium.
18. Ionic Equilibria I: Acids and Bases.
19. Ionic Equilibria II: Buffers and Titration Curves.
20. Ionic Equilibria III: The Solubility Product Principle.
22. Metals I: Metallurgy.
23. Metals II: Properties and Reactions.
24. Some Nonmetals and Metalloids.
25. Coordination Compounds.
26. Nuclear Chemistry.
27. Organic Chemistry I: Formulas, Names, and Properties.
28. Organic Chemistry II: Shapes, Selected Reactions, and Biopolymers.
Appendix A: Some Mathematical Operations.
Appendix B: Electron Con’gurations of the Atoms of the Elements.
Appendix C: Common Units, Equivalences, and Conversion Factors.
Appendix D: Physical Constants.
Appendix E: Some Physical Constants for a Few Common Substances.
Appendix F: Ionization Constants for Weak Acids at 25°C.
Appendix G: Ionization Constants for Weak Bases at 25°C.
Appendix H: Solubility Product Constants for Some Inorganic Compounds at 25°C.
Appendix I: Dissociation Constants for Some Complex Ions.
Appendix J: Standard Reduction Potentials in Aqueous Solution at 25°C.
Appendix K: Selected Thermodynamic Values at 298.15 K.
Appendix L: Answers to Selected Even-Numbered Numerical Exercises.
Index of Equations.
Kenneth Whitten / George G. Stanley/ Larry Peck/ Raymond E. Davis
049539176X | 9780495391760