A revision of the defining book covering the physics and classical mathematics necessary to understand electromagnetic fields in materials and at surfaces and interfaces. This edition has been revised to address the changes in emphasis and applications that have occurred in the past twenty years.
- Introduction to Electrostatics.
- Boundary-Value Problems in Electrostatics: I.
- Boundary-Value Problems in Electrostatics: II.
- Multipoles, Electrostatics of Macroscopic Media, Dielectrics.
- Magnetostatics, Faraday’s Law, Quasi-Static Fields.
- Maxwell Equations, Macroscopic Electromagnetism, Conservation Laws.
- Plane Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Propagation.
- Waveguides, Resonant Cavities, and Optical Fibers.
- Radiating Systems, Multipole Fields and Radiation.
- Scattering and Diffraction.
- Special Theory of Relativity.
- Dynamics of Relativistic Particles and Electromagnetic Fields.
- Collisions, Energy Loss, and Scattering of Charged Particles, Cherenkov and Transition Radiation.
- Radiation by Moving Charges.
- Bremsstrahlung, Method of Virtual Quanta, Radiative Beta Processes.
- Radiation Damping, Classical Models of Charged Particles.
John David Jackson
047143132X | 9780471431329