This market-leading text continues to provide students and instructors with sound, consistently structured explanations of the mathematical concepts.
Designed for a one-term course that prepares students for further study in mathematics, the new Eighth Edition retains the features that have always made College Algebra a complete solution for both students and instructors: interesting applications, pedagogically effective design, and innovative technology combined with an abundance of carefully developed examples and exercises.
Dr. Ron Larson is a professor of mathematics at The Pennsylvania State University, where he has taught since 1970. He received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Colorado and is considered the pioneer of using multimedia to enhance the learning of mathematics, having authored over 30 software titles since 1990.
1. Equations, Inequalities, And Mathematical Modeling
2. Functions And Their Graphs
3. Polynomial Functions
4. Rational Functions And Conics
5. Exponential And Logarithmic Functions
6. Systems Of Equations And Inequalities
7. Matrices And Determinants