Fundamentals of Differential Equations presents the basic theory of differential equations and offers a variety of modern applications in science and engineering. Available in two versions, these flexible texts offer the instructor many choices in syllabus design, course emphasis (theory, methodology, applications, and numerical methods), and in using commercially available computer software.
Fundamentals of Differential Equations, Seventh Edition is suitable for a one-semester sophomore- or junior-level course. Fundamentals of Differential Equations with Boundary Value Problems, Fifth Edition, contains enough material for a two-semester course that covers and builds on boundary value problems. The Boundary Value Problems version consists of the main text plus three additional chapters (Eigenvalue Problems and Sturm-Liouville Equations; Stability of Autonomous Systems; and Existence and Uniqueness Theory).
2. First-Order Differential Equations
3. Mathematical Models and Numerical Methods Involving First Order Equations
4. Linear Second-Order Equations
5. Introduction to Systems and Phase Plane Analysis
6. Theory of Higher-Order Linear Differential Equations
7. Laplace Transforms
8. Series Solutions of Differential Equations
9. Matrix Methods for Linear Systems
10. Partial Differential Equations
R. Kent Nagle / David Snider/ Edward Saff
0321388410 | 9780321388414