Mankiw’s masterful textbook earns its widespread acclaim by covering macroeconomics as accessibly and concisely as possible, in a way that emphasizes the relevance of both the field’s classical roots and its current practice. While achieving the same guiding objectives as previous editions, the new Fourth Edition offers refined discussions of every topic and incorporates important new ideas, data, and events throughout.
Now you can master the principles of macroeconomics with the help of the most popular, widely-used economics textbook by students worldwide — Mankiw’s PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS, 8E. With its clear and engaging writing style, this book emphasizes only the material that will help you better understand the world in which you live, will make you a more astute participant in the economy, and will give you a better understanding of both the potential and limits of economic policy.
Table of Contents.
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Ten Principles of Economics.
2. Thinking Like an Economist.
3. Interdependence and the Gains from Trade.
Part III: MARKETS AND WELFARE.
7. Consumers, Producers, and the Efficiency of Markets.
8. Application: The Costs of Taxation.
9. Application: International Trade.
Part IV: THE DATA OF MACROECONOMICS.
10. Measuring a Nation’s Income.
11. Measuring the Cost of Living.
Part V: THE REAL ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN.
12. Production and Growth.
13. Saving, Investment, and the Financial System.
14. The Basic Tools of Finance.
15. Unemployment and Its Natural Rate.
Part VI: MONEY AND PRICES IN THE LONG RUN.
16. The Monetary System.
17. Money Growth and Inflation.
Part VII: THE MACROECONOMICS OF OPEN ECONOMICS.
18. Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Basic Concepts.
19. A Macroeconomic Theory of the Open Economy.
Part VIII: SHORT-RUN ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS.
20. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply.
21. The Influence of Monetary and Fiscal Policy on Aggregate Demand.
22. The Short-Run Tradeoff between Inflation and Unemployment.
Part IX: FINAL THOUGHTS.
23. Six Debates over Macroeconomic Policy.
N. Gregory Mankiw
1305971507 | 9781305971509