Now in 4-color format with more illustrations than ever before, the Seventh Edition of Mechanics of Materials continues its tradition as one of the leading texts on the market. With its hallmark clarity and accuracy, this text develops student understanding along with analytical and problem-solving skills.
The main topics include analysis and design of structural members subjected to tension, compression, torsion, bending, and more. The book includes more material than can be taught in a single course giving instructors the opportunity to select the topics they wish to cover while leaving any remaining material as a valuable student reference.
- Tension, Compression, and Shear
- Axially Loaded Members
- Shear Forces and Bending Moments
- Stresses in Beams (Basic Topics)
- Stresses in Beams (Advanced Topics)
- Analysis of Stress and Strain
- Applications of Plane Stress (Pressure Vessels, Beams, and Combined Loadings)
- Deflection of Beams
- Statically Indeterminate Beams
- Review of Centroids and Moments of Inertia
James M. Gere / Barry J. Goodno
9708300403 | 9789708300407
eBook | Solution Manual