Wireless Communications and Networks, 2e, provides one of the most up-to-date and accurate overviews of wireless principles, technology, and application. It is ideal for courses in wireless networking, wireless communications, wireless data communications or wireless technology in departments of Computer Science, Engineering, IT, and Continuing Education.
The rapid growth of mobile telephone use, satellite services, and the wireless Internet are generating tremendous changes in telecommunications and networking. Combining very current technical depth with a strong pedagogy and advanced Web support, this new edition provides a comprehensive guide to wireless technology—exploring key topics such as technology and architecture, network types, design approaches, and the latest applications.
PART ONE: TECHNICAL BACKGROUND.
2. Transmission Fundamentals.
3. Communication Networks.
4. Protocols and the TCP/IP Suite.
PART TWO: WIRELESS COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY.
5. Antennas and Propagation.
6. Signal Encoding Techniques.
7. Spread Spectrum.
8. Coding and Error Control.
PART THREE: WIRELESS NETWORKING.
9. Satellite Communications.
10. Cellular Wireless Networks.
11. Cordless Systems and Wireless Local Loop.
12. Mobile IP and Wireless Access Protocol.
PART FOUR: WIRELESS LANS.
13. Wireless LAN Technology.
14. IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN Standard.
Appendix A. Standards and Standard-Setting Organizations.
Appendix B. Traffic Analysis.
Appendix C. Fourier Analysis.
Appendix D. Data Link Control Protocols.
0131918354 | 9780131918351