The Complete Instructor’s Solutions includes all solutions to the exercises found in the text. PowerPoint Lecture Slides and additional instructor’s resources are available. This student supplement contains the answers to every third problem in the textbook, allowing students to assess their progress and review key ideas and concepts discussed throughout the text.
o The new larger trim size and 2-color design make the text a pleasure to read and learn from.
o Numerous NEW engineering and science projects contributed by top mathematicians have been added, and are tied to key mathematical topics in the text.
o Divided into five major parts, the text’s flexibility allows instructors to customize the text to fit their needs. The first eight chapters are ideal for a complete short course in ordinary differential equations.
o The Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization process has been added in Chapter 7 and is used in subsequent chapters.
o All figures now have explanatory captions. Supplements
1. Introduction to Differential Equations
2. First-Order Differential Equations
3. Higher-Order Differential Equations
4. The Laplace Transform
5. Series Solutions of Linear Equations
6. Numerical Solutions of Ordinary Differential Equations
Part II: Vectors, Matrices, and Vector Calculus
9. Vector Calculus
Part III: Systems of Differential Equations
10. Systems of Linear Differential Equations
11. Systems of Nonlinear Differential Equations
Part IV: Fourier Series and Partial Differential Equations
12. Orthogonal Functions and Fourier Series
13. Boundary-Value Problems in Rectangular Coordinates
14. Boundary-Value Problems in Other Coordinate Systems
15. Integral Transform Model
16. Numerical Solutions to Partial Differential Equations
17. Functions of a Complex Variable
18. Integration in the Complex Plane
19. Series and Residues
20. Conformal Mappings and Applications
Appendix I Some Derivative and Integral Formulas
Appendix II Gamma Function; Exercises
Appendix III Table of Laplace Transforms
Appendix IV Conformal Mappings
Appendix V Some BASIC Programs for Numerical Methods
Appendix VI Selected Answers for Odd-Numbered Problems
Dennis G. Zill
0763710652 | 9780763710651