Its comprehensive instructional framework supports a conversational, down-to-earth narrative style, offering easy accessibility and frequent opportunities for application and reinforcement.
1. Introduction to Differential Equations.
2. Equations of First Order.
3. Linear Differential Equations of Second Order and Higher.
4. Power Series Solutions.
5. Laplace Transform.
6. Quantitative Methods: Numerical Solution of Differential Equations.
7. Qualitative Methods: Phase Plane and Nonlinear Differential Equations.
II. LINEAR ALGEBRA.
8. Systems of Linear Algebraic Equations; Gauss Elimination.
9. Vector Space.
10. Matrices and Linear Equations.
11. The Eigenvalue Problem.
12. Extension to Complex Case (Optional).
IV. FOURIER SERIES AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS.
17. Fourier Series, Fourier Integral, Fourier Transform.
18. Diffusion Equation.
19. Wave Equation.
20. Laplace Equation.
V. COMPLEX VARIABLE THEORY.
21. Functions of a Complex Variable.
22. Conformal Mapping.
23. The Complex Integral Calculus.
24. Taylor Series, Laurent Series, and the Residue Theorem.
Appendix A: Review of Partial Fraction Expansions.
Appendix B: Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions of Systems of Linear Algebraic Equations.
Appendix C: Table of Laplace Transforms.
Appendix D: Table of Fourier Transforms.
Appendix E: Table of Fourier Cosine and Sine Transforms.
Appendix F: Table of Conformal Maps.
Michael D. Greenberg
0133214311 | 9780133214314
eBook | Solution Manual