With the Fourth Edition, the authors continue to innovate by incorporating more ongoing review to help students develop their understanding and study effectively. Mid-chapter Review exercise sets have been added to give students practice in synthesizing the concepts, and new Study Summaries provide built-in tools to help them prepare for tests.
The MyMathLab course (access kit required) has been expanded so that the online content is even more integrated with the text’s approach, with the addition of Vocabulary, Synthesis, and Mid-chapter Review exercises from the text as well as example-based videos created by the authors.
1. Graphs; Linear Functions and Models
2. More on Functions
3. Quadratic Functions and Equations; Inequalities
4. Polynomial and Rational Functions
5. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
6. The Trigonometric Functions
7. Trigonometric Identities, Inverse Functions, and Equations
8. Applications of Trigonometry
9. Systems of Equations and Matrices
10. Analytic Geometry Topics
11. Sequences, Series, and Combinatorics