This best-selling engineering statistics text provides a practical approach that is more oriented to engineering and the chemical and physical sciences than many similar texts. Its packed with unique problem sets that reflect realistic situations engineers will encounter in their working lives.
Montgomery and Runger’s best-selling engineering statistics text provides a practical approach oriented to engineering as well as chemical and physical sciences. By providing unique problem sets that reflect realistic situations, students learn how the material will be relevant in their careers and is suitable for a one- or two-term course in probability and statistics.
With a focus on how statistical tools are integrated into the engineering problem-solving process, all major aspects of engineering statistics are covered, including descriptive statistics, probability and probability distributions, statistical test and confidence intervals for one and two samples, building regression models, designing and analyzing engineering experiments, and statistical process control.
Developed with sponsorship from the National Science Foundation, this text incorporates many insights from the authors’ teaching experience along with feedback from numerous adopters of previous editions.
- The Role of Statistics in Engineering.
- Discrete Random Variables and Probability Distributions.
- Continuous Random Variables and Probability Distributions.
- Joint Probability Distributions.
- Random Sampling and Data Description.
- Point Estimation of Parameters.
- Statistical Intervals for a Single Sample.
- Tests of Hypotheses for a Single Sample.
- Statistical Inference for Two Samples.
- Simple Linear Regression and Correlation.
- Multiple Linear Regression.
- Design and Analysis of Single-Factor Experiments: The Analysis of Variance.
- Design of Experiments with Several Factors.
- Nonparametric Statistics.
- Statistical Quality Control.
Appendix A: Statistical Tables and Charts
Appendix B: Bibliography
Appendix C: Answers to Selected Exercises
Douglas C. Montgomery
0471204544 | 978-0471204541
eBook | Solution Manual