This the shortest mainstream calculus book available. The authors make effective use of computing technology, graphics, and applications, and provide at least two technology projects per chapter. This popular book is correct without being excessively rigorous, up-to-date without being faddish. Maintains a strong geometric and conceptual focus.
Emphasizes explanation rather than detailed proofs. Presents definitions consistently throughout to maintain a clear conceptual framework. Provides hundreds of new problems, including problems on approximations, functions defined by tables, and conceptual questions. Ideal for readers preparing for the AP Calculus exam or who want to brush up on their calculus with a no-nonsense, concisely written book.
2. Functions and Limits.
3. The Derivative.
4. Applications of the Derivative.
5. The Integral.
6. Applications of the Integral.
7. Transcendental Functions.
8. Techniques of Integration.
9. Indeterminate Forms and Improper Integrals.
10. Infinite Series.
11. Numerical Methods, Approximations.
12. Conics and Polar Coordinates.
13. Geometry in the Plane, Vectors.
14. Geometry in Space, Vectors.
15. The Derivative in n-Space.
16. The Integral in n-Space.
17. Vector Calculus.
18. Differential Equations.
Edwin J. Purcell / Dale Varberg & Rigdon
0130811378 | 9780130811370
eBook | Solution Manual
English | Spanish