Calculus, 10e excels in increasing student comprehension and conceptual understanding of the mathematics. The new edition retains the strengths of earlier editions: e.g., Anton’s trademark clarity of exposition; sound mathematics; excellent exercises and examples; and appropriate level, while incorporating new ideas that have withstood the objective scrutiny of many skilled and thoughtful instructors, and their students.
New To This Edition
* Exercise Sets: New true/false exercises and new expository writing exercises have been added.
* Making Connections: Contains a select group of exercises that draw on ideas developed in the entire chapter rather than focusing on a single section as with the regular exercise sets.
* Centroids and Center of Gravity: A new section on centroids and center of gravity in two dimensions is now included. (Chapter 6)
* Visualization: Illustrations make extensive use of modern computer graphics to clarify concepts and to develop the student’s ability to visualize mathematical objects, particularly those in 3-space. For students working with graphing technology, many exercises develop the ability to generate and analyze mathematical curves and surfaces.
* New Chapter 0: The precalculus review material from Chapter 1 is now in Chapter 0, a chapter which focuses exclusively on the preliminary topics that students need to start the calculus course.