When you see the connections, you’ll see the chemistry. Today’s students use textbooks differently than in the past; and Chemistry , Sixth Edition is designed to map to the way you seek and process information. This book is known for a smart, precise presentation that blends the quantitative and visual aspects of general chemistry. Features like Remember…, Conceptual Problems, Conceptual Worked Examples, Inquiry and Worked Examples make these critical connections clear and visible, so you’ll really see the chemistry the first time.
With its spacious, unintimidating design and clear, direct writing style, this text is known for a smart, precise presentation that blends the quantitative and visual aspects of general chemistry.
Chemistry is mastered when students make the right connections in three key areas: topics that are related, conceptual reasoning with quantitative work, and the different modes of communicating information. McMurry/Fay’s Chemistry, Sixth Edition breaks through the traditional textbook limitations and help students make connections that have historically been more difficult.
2. Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
3. Mass Relationships in Chemical Reactions
4. Reactions in Aqueous Solution
5. Periodicity and the Electronic Structure of Atoms
6. Ionic Bonds and Some Main-Group Chemistry
7. Covalent Bonds and Molecular Structure
8. Thermochemistry: Chemical Energy
9. Gases: Their Properties and Behavior
10. Liquids, Solids, and Phase Changes
11. Solutions and Their Properties
12. Chemical Kinetics
13. Chemical Equilibrium
14. Aqueous Equilibria: Acids and Bases.
15. Applications of Aqueous Equilibria
16. Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and Equilibrium
18. Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Water
19. The Main-Group Elements
20. Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry
21. Metals and Solid-State Metals
22. Nuclear Chemistry
23. Organic and Biological Chemistry