Electric Circuits, Seventh Edition features a redesigned art program, a new four-color format, and 75% new or revised problems throughout. In the midst of these changes, the book retains the goals that have made it a best-seller: 1) To build an understanding of concepts and ideas explicitly in terms of previous learning; 2) To emphasize the relationship between conceptual understanding and problem solving approaches; 3) To provide readers with a strong foundation of engineering practices. Chapter topics include Circuit Variables; Circuit Elements; Simple Resistive Circuits; Techniques of Circuit Analysis; The Operational Amplifier; Inductors, Capacitors, and Mutual Inductance; Response of First-Order RL and RC Circuits; Natural and Step Responses of RLC Circuits; Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis; and more. For anyone interested in circuit analysis.
From the Back Cover
(1) It builds an understanding of concepts based on information the reader has previously learned; (2) The book helps stress the relationship between conceptual understanding and problem-solving approaches; (3) The authors’ provide numerous examples and problems that use realistic values and situations, giving the reader a strong foundation of engineering practice.
2. Circuit Elements.
3. Simple Resistive Circuits.
4. Techniques of Circuit Analysis.
5. The Operational Amplifier.
6. Inductors, Capacitors, and Mutual Inductance.
7. Response of First-Order RL and RC Circuits.
8. Natural and Step Responses of RLC Circuits.
9. Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis.
10. Sinusoidal Steady-State Power Calculations.
11. Balanced Three-Phase Circuits.
12. Introduction to the Laplace Transform.
13. The Laplace Transform in Circuit Analysis.
14. Introduction to Frequency-Selective Circuits.
15. Active Filter Circuits.
16. Fourier Series.
17. The Fourier Transform.
18. Two-Port Circuits.
Appendix A. The Solution of Linear Simultaneous Equations.
Appendix B. Complex Numbers.
Appendix C. The Decibel.
Appendix D. Bode Diagrams.
Appendix E. An Abbreviated Table of Trigonometric Identities.
Appendix F. An Abbreviated Table of Integrals.
Appendix G. Answers to Selected Problems.