Modern notation and terminology are used throughout in support of the text’s objective: to facilitate students’ transition to advanced physics and the mathematical formalism needed for the quantum theory of physics. CLASSICAL DYNAMICS OF PARTICLES AND SYSTEMS can easily be used for a one- or two-semester course, depending on the instructor’s choice of topics.
2. Newtonian Mechanics-Single Particle.
4. Nonlinear Oscillations and Chaos.
6. Some Methods in the Calculus of Variations.
7. Hamilton’s Principle-Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics.
8. Central-Force Motion.
9. Dynamics of a System of Particles.
10. Motion in a Noninertial Reference Frame.
11. Dynamics of Rigid Bodies.
12. Coupled Oscillations.
13. Continuous Systems: Waves.
14. The Special Theory of Relativity.
Stephen T. Thornton / Jerry B. Marion
0534408966 | 9780534408961