It provides students with a working knowledge of how to use both classical mathematical and personal computer methods to analyze, design, and simulate modern communication systems. This edition contains an abundance of new examples and homework problems (with selected answers) many of which require solution via a personal computer (solution templates are included).
A disk with over 115 computer solution MATLAB M-files and MathCAD templates for selected topics accompanies the book, and the work includes a new chapter with up-to-date cases of telephone, satellite, fiber optic, PCS, and HDTV systems, an updated appendix on computer communications and modems, and updated standards and references.
2. Signals and Spectra
3. Baseband Pulse and Digital Signaling
4. Bandpass Signaling Principles and Circuits
5. AM, FM and Digital Modulated Systems
6. Random Processes and Spectral Analysis
7. Performance of Communication Systems Corrupted by Noise
8. Case Studies of Communication Systems
Appendix A: Mathematical Techniques, Identities, and Tables
Appendix B: Probability and Random Variables
Appendix C: Standards and Terminology for ComputerCommunications
León W. Couch
0135225833 | 9780135225837