This new edition incorporates the latest methods, theory, formulations, and applications that relate to today’s technologies. With an emphasis on basic principles and a focus on electromagnetic formulation and analysis, Electromagnetic Fields, Second Edition includes detailed discussions of electrostatic fields, potential theory, propagation in waveguides and unbounded space, scattering by obstacles, penetration through apertures, and field behavior at high and low frequencies.
1. Linear Analysis.
2. Variational Techniques.
3. Electrostatic Fields in the Presence of Dielectrics.
4. Electrostatic Fields in the Presence of Conductors.
5. Special Geometries for the Electrostatic Field.
6. Magnetostatic Fields.
7. Radiation in Free Space.
8. Radiation in a Material Medium.
9. Plane Boundaries.
11. Scattering: Generalities.
12. Scattering: Numerical Methods.
13. High- and Low-Frequency Fields.
14. Two-Dimensional Problems.
16. Axisymmetric and Conical Boundaries.
17. Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies.
Appendix 1. Vector Analysis in Three Dimensions.
Appendix 2. Vector Operators in Several Coordinate Systems.
Appendix 3. Vector Analysis on a Surface.
Appendix 4. Dyadic Analysis.
Appendix 5. Special Functions.
Appendix 6. Complex Integration.
Appendix 7. Transforms.
Appendix 8. Distributions.
Appendix 9. Some Eigenfunctions and Eigenvectors.
Appendix 10. Miscellaneous Data.
Jean G. Van Bladel