This revision of Boyce & DiPrima’s market-leading text maintains its classic strengths: a contemporary approach with flexible chapter construction, clear exposition, and outstanding problems. Concepts are clearer and more comprehensible with a bit of new reorganization. An abundance of new problems have been added to the problem sets, with special attention paid to incorporating computer technology.
Like previous editions, this revision is written from the viewpoint of the applied mathematician, focusing both on the theory and the practical applications of Differential Equations as they apply to engineering and the sciences.
- First Order Differential Equations
- Second Order Linear Equations
- Higher Order Linear Equations
- Series Solutions of Second Order Linear Equations
- The Laplace Transform
- Systems of First Order Linear Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Nonlinear Differential Equations and Stability
William E. Boyce / Richard C. Diprima
0471319988 | 978-0471319986
eBook | Solution Manual