Mario Triola’s Elementary Statistics remains the market-leading introductory statistics textbook because it engages readers with an abundance of real data in the examples, applications, and exercises. Statistics is all around us in our daily lives, and Triola is dedicated to finding new real-world examples and data sets that make sense for today’s reader. The Eleventh Edition contains more than 2000 exercises, 87% of which are new, and 82% of which use real data. It also contains hundreds of examples, 86% of which are new and 94% of which use real data. By analyzing real data, students are able to connect abstract concepts to the world at large. As a result, they gain conceptual understanding and learn to think statistically, using the same methods that professional statisticians employ.
The Technology Update includes new instruction that covers major advancements in statistics software since the first printing of the Eleventh Edition.
A new Student Workbook offers even greater opportunity for students to apply their knowledge and practice as they progress through the course. The workbook can be packaged with any Triola textbook.
2. Summarizing and Graphing Data
3. Statistics for Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data
5. Discrete Probability Distributions
6. Normal Probability Distributions
7. Estimates and Sample Sizes
8. Hypothesis Testing
9. Inferences from Two Samples
10. Correlation and Regression
11. Goodness-of-Fit and Contingency Tables
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Nonparametric Statistics
14. Statistics Process Control
15. Projects, Procedures, Perspectives
Mario F. Triola
0321694503 | 978-0321694508