The essential guide to MATLAB as a problem solving tool. This text presents MATLAB both as a mathematical tool and a programming language, giving a concise and easy to master introduction to its potential and power.
The fundamentals of MATLAB are illustrated throughout with many examples from a wide range of familiar scientific and engineering areas, as well as from everyday life. The new edition has been updated to include coverage of Symbolic Math and SIMULINK. It also adds new examples and applications, and uses the most recent release of Matlab.
· New chapters on Symbolic Math and SIMULINK provide complete coverage of all the functions available in the student edition of Matlab.
* New: more exercises and examples, including new examples of beam bending, flow over an airfoil, and other physics-based problems
* New: A bibliography provides sources for the engineering problems and examples discussed in the text
· A chapter on algorithm development and program design
· Common errors and pitfalls highlighted
· Extensive teacher support on http://textbooks.elsevier.com: solutions manual, extra problems, multiple choice questions, PowerPoint slides
· Companion website for students providing M-files used within the book