It shows students how to analyze data that appear in situations in the world around them and features an abundance of examples and exercises-nearly all based on current, real-world applications pulled from journals, magazines, news articles, and commerce.
2. Methods for Describing Sets of Data.
4. Random Variables and Probability Distribution.
5. Inferences Based on a Single Sample: Estimation with Confidence Intervals.
6. Inferences Based on a Single Sample: Tests of Hypotheses.
7. Comparing Population Means.
8. Comparing Population Proportions.
9. Simple Linear Regression.
Appendix A. Tables.