Written for courses in Fluid Mechanics in Civil and Mechanical Engineering, this text covers the fundamental principles of fluid mechanics, as well as specialist topics in more depth. The fundamental material relates to all engineering disciplines that require fluid mechanics.
As in previous editions this book demonstrates the link between theory and practice with excellent examples and computer programs. The programs help students perform 3 types of calculations; relatively simple calculations, calculations designed to provide solutions for steady state system operation, and unsteady flow simulations.
1. Fluids and their Properties.
2. Pressure and Head.
3. Static Forces on Surfaces. Buoyancy.
PART II CONCEPTS OF FLUID FLOW.
4. Motion of Fluid Particles and Streams.
5. The Momentum Equation and its Applications.
6. The Energy Equation and its Applications.
7. Two-dimensional Ideal Flow.
PART III DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS AND SIMILARITY.
8. Dimensional Analysis.
PART IV BEHAVIOUR OF REAL FLUIDS.
10. Laminar and Turbulent Flows in Bounded Systems.
11. Boundary Layer.
12. Incompressible Flow around a Body.
13. Compressible Flow around a Body.
PART V STEADY FLOW IN PIPES, DUCTS AND OPEN CHANNELS.
14. Steady Incompressible Flow in Pipe and Duct Systems.
15. Uniform Flow in Open Channels.
16. Non-uniform Flow in Open Channels.
17. Compressible Flow in Pipes.
PART VI FLUID MECHANICS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE
18. Environmental Change & Renewable Energy Technologies
19. Environmental Change & Run-off Modelling
20. Pressure Transient Theory and Surge Control.
21. Simulation of Unsteady Flow Phenomena in Pipe, Channel and Duct Systems.
PART VII FLUID MACHINERY THEORY, PERFORMANCE AND APPLICATION
22. Theory of Rotodynamic Machines.
23. Performance of Rotodynamic Machines.
24. Positive Displacement Machines.
25. Machine-Network Interactions.
Appendix 1 Some Properties of Common Fluids.
Appendix 2 Values of Drag Coefficient CD for Various Body Shapes.
John F. Douglas / J. M. Gasoriek/ John Swaffield/ Lynne Jack
813172140X | 9788131721407