For Principles of Microeconomics courses at two- and four-year colleges and universities
A practice-oriented learning system that breaks the traditional textbook mold
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track.
• Encourage students to learn by doing: A Checklist/Checkpoint system provides a practice-oriented framework that enables active learning.
• Command student attention and foster interest in the course: Engaging features draw students into the material, and keep them focused throughout the course.
• Provide engaging, fully updated content: New and updated material on contemporary topics better motivates students to discover the economic way of thinking.
1. Getting Started
2. The U.S. and Global Economies
3. The Economic Problem
4. Demand and Supply
II. A Closer Look at Markets
5. Elasticities of Demand and Supply
6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets
III. How Governments Influence the Economy
7. Government Actions in Markets
9. Global Markets in Action
IV. Market Failure and Public Policy
11. Public Goods and Common Resources
12. Markets with Private Information
V. A Closer Look at Decision Makers
13. Consumer Choice and Demand
14. Production and Cost
VI. Prices, Profits, and Industry Performance
15. Perfect Competition
17. Monopolistic Competition
VII. Incomes and Inequality
19. Markets for Factors of Production
20. Economic Inequality