Fundamentals of Signal Processing for Sound and Vibration Engineers is based on Joe Hammond’s many years of teaching experience at the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research, University of Southampton.
Whilst the applications presented emphasise sound and vibration, the book focusses on the basic essentials of signal processing that ensures its appeal as a reference text to students and practitioners in all areas of mechanical, automotive, aerospace and civil engineering.
- Offers an excellent introduction to signal processing for students and professionals in the sound and vibration engineering field.
- Split into two parts, covering deterministic signals then random signals, and offering a clear explanation of their theory and application together with appropriate MATLAB examples.
- Provides an excellent study tool for those new to the field of signal processing.
- Integrates topics within continuous, discrete, deterministic and random signals to facilitate better understanding of the topic as a whole.
- Illustrated with MATLAB examples, some using ‘real’ measured data, as well as fifty MATLAB codes on an accompanying website.