This best-selling text remains the most comprehensive, how-to reference on graphic design and advertising for print and interactive media, intended to serve as a foundation for a graphic design and advertising design education. Theory and applications are stressed with an instructive approach.
Known for its thorough treatment of theory and major graphic design applications, this text concentrates on the integration of design principles and elements, providing hundreds of meaningful examples of their interaction throughout.
- Many new illustrative examples show the most effective and creative work in graphic design.
- A new chapter, Creativity and the Graphic Design Process (Chapter 4), provides the tools to stimulate creative thinking and for brainstorming, as well as creativity exercises to prompt and support conceptualization.
- Increased coverage on visualization (Chapter 5), including understanding images, approaches, methods and media for visualizing design concepts; and investigation and stimulating the application of visualization methods to design projects.
Part 1: FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Graphic Design: The Basics.
4. Creativity and the Graphic Design Process.
Part II: APPLICATIONS.
8. Publication Design: Covers & Interiors.
10. Visual Identity.
11. Package Design.
12. Corporate Communication: Brochures, Annual Reports & More.
14. Interactive Design and Motion.
Part III: THE PROFESSION AND CAREERS (Available online only).
15. The Portfolio and Job Search (Available online only).
0495572810 | 9780495572817