The fourth edition of Inorganic Chemistry: Principles of Structure and Reacitvity contains rewritten chapters throughout, with expanded coverage of symmetry and group theory and related areas such as spectroscopy and crystallography. Reorganized chapters on bonding, coordination chemistry and organometallic chemistry are included, along with a more in-depth look at solid-state chemistry and other hot topics. Abundant pedagogy, such as illustrations and problems, complements the text’s coverage.
2. The Structure of the Atom.
3. Symmetry and Group Theory.
4. Bonding Models in Inorganic Chemistry: 1. Ionic Compounds.
5. Bonding Models in Inorganic Chemistry: 2. The Covalent Bond.
6. The Structure and Reactivity of Molecules.
7. The Solid State.
8. Chemical Forces.
9. Acid-Base Chemistry.
10. Chemistry in Aqueous and Nonaqueous Solvents.
11. Coordination Chemistry: Bonding, Spectra, and Magnetism.
12. Coordination Chemistry: Structure.
13. Coordination Chemistry: Reactions, Kinetics, and Mechanisms.
14. Some Descriptive Chemistry of the Metals.
15. Organometallic Chemistry.
16. Inorganic Chains, Rings, Cages, and Clusters.
17. The Chemistry of the Halogens and the Noble Gases.
19. The Inorganic Chemistry of Biological Systems.
James E. Huheey
006042995X | 978-0060429959