The Third Edition features a clear, accessible treatment of the fundamentals of electromagnetic theory, providing a sound platform for the exploration of related applications (ac circuits, antennas, transmission lines, plasmas, optics, etc.). Its lean and focused approach employs numerous examples and problems.
2. Electrostatics: The Electrostatic Field. Divergence and Curl of Electrostatic Fields. Electric Potential. Work and Energy in Electrostatics. Conductors.
3. Special Techniques: Laplace’s Equation and Uniqueness Theorems. The Method of Images. Separation of Variables. Multipole Expansion.
4. Electrostatic Fields in Matter: Polarization. The Field of a Polarized Object. The Electric Displacement. Linear Dielectrics.
5. Magnetostatics: The Lorentz Force Law. The Biot-Savart Law. The Divergence and Curl of B. Magnetic Vector Potential.
6. Magnetic Fields in Matter: Magnetization. The Field of a Magnetized Object. The Auxiliary Field H. Linear and Nonlinear Media.
8. Conservation Laws: Charge and Energy. Momentum.
9. Electromagnetic Waves: Waves in One Dimension. Electromagnetic Waves in Vacuum. Electromagnetic Waves in Matter. Absorption and Dispersion. Guided Waves.
10. Potentials and Fields: The Potential Formulation. Continuous Distributions. Point Charges.
11. Radiation: Dipole Radiation. Point Charges.
12. Electrodynamics and Relativity: The Special Theory of Relativity. Relativistic Mechanics. Relativistic Electrodynamics.
Appendix A: Vector Calculus in Curvilinear Coordinates.
Appendix B: The Helmholtz Theorem.
Appendix C: Units.
David J. Griffiths
013805326X | 9780138053260
eBook | Solution Manual