Redesigned and updated to reflect both the latest in technology and recent changes in the ever-evolving marketplace, this new edition of the book covers all the fundamentals, from the history of mastering to prepping your mix, learning the tools of mastering, the mechanics of the mastering process, and the details you’ll need to know when mastering for a variety of output media, including CD, vinyl, online, and more.
The book also features Owsinski’s interviews with a number of successful mastering engineers discussing their techniques and tips that will help you master your own music with style and solid technical know-how.
- What Exactly is Mastering?
- The Mechanics of Mastering
- Tools for Mastering
- Mastering for CD
- CDs – How They Work and How They’re Made
- Mastering for Vinyl
- Parts Production
- Ten Recording Tips to Remember Before Mastering
- The Future is Here
- Surround Master Media Prep
- Surround Equipment
- Multichannel Audio Delivery Formats
0872887413 | 9780872887411