This well-known text treats a variety of essential topics, ranging in difficulty from simple differential equations to group theory. Physical intuition, rather than rigor, is used to develop mathematical facility, and the authors have kept the text at a level consistent with the needs and abilities of upper-division students. This book covers subjects which are often ignored in traditional texts; for example, statistics and the fitting of experimental data, dispersion relations and super-convergence relations and the group SU(3).
2. Infinite Series.
3. Evaluation of Integrals.
4. Integral Transforms.
5. Further Applications of Complex Variable.
6. Vectors and Matrices.
7. Special Functions.
8. Partial Differential Equations.
9. Eigenfuctions, Eigenvalues, and Green’s Functions.
10. Peturbation Theory.
11. Integral Equations.
12. Calculus of Variations.
13. Numerical Methods.
14. Probability and Statistics.
15. Tensor Analysis and Differential Geometry.
16. Introduction to Groups and Group Representations.
Appendix: Some Properties of Functions of a Complex Variable.