This classic text focuses on pedagogy to enhance comprehension for students and make it more suitable for independent study.
- Almost every chapter begins with an example or discussion or elementary nature.
- Following a discussion of the fundamentals, the text is almost entirely devoted to linear problems, but the unifying concepts of linear space are fully developed after the student is exposed to a number of practical mathematical techniques.
- Problems at the end of every chapter provide students with the opportunity for review and further study.
2. Functions of a Complex Variable.
3. Linear Differential Equations of Second Order.
4. Fourier Series.
5. The Laplace Transformation.
6. Concepts of the Theory of Distributions.
7. Fourier Transforms.
8. Partial Differential Equations.
9. Special Functions.
10. Finite-Dimensional Linear Spaces.
11. Infinite-Dimensional Vector Spaces.
12. Green’s Functions.
13. Variational Methods.
14. Traveling Waves, Radiation, Scattering.
15. Perturbation Methods.
0201007274 | 978-0201007275