Assuming no knowledge of programming, this book presents both programming concepts and MATLAB’s built-in functions, providing a perfect platform for exploiting MATLAB’s extensive capabilities for tackling engineering problems.
It starts with programming concepts such as variables, assignments, input/output, and selection statements, moves onto loops and then solves problems using both the ‘programming concept’ and the ‘power of MATLAB’ side-by-side. In-depth coverage is given to input/output, a topic that is fundamental to many engineering applications.
* Presents programming concepts and MATLAB built-in functions side-by-side, giving students the ability to program efficiently and exploit the power of MATLAB to solve problems.
* In depth coverage of file input/output, a topic essential for many engineering applications
* Systematic, step-by-step approach, building on concepts throughout the book, facilitating easier learning
* Sections on ‘common pitfalls’ and ‘programming guidelines’ direct students towards best practice
New to this edition:
* More engineering applications help the reader learn Matlab in the context of solving technical problems
* New and revised end of chapter problems
* Stronger coverage of loops and vectorizing in a new chapter, chapter 5
Updated to reflect current features and functions of the current release of Matlab
Introduction to User-defined Functions
Solving Systems of Linear Algebraic Equations
Sight and Sounds
0750687622 | 9780750687621