The IIE Textbook Series from Butterworth-Heinemann
- *Student-focused textbooks with numerous examples, activities, problems and knowledge-check questions
- *Designed for a wide range of undergraduate courses
- *Real-world engineering examples at the heart of each book
- *Contextual introduction of key mathematical methods through Maths in Action features
- *Core texts suitable for students with no previous background studying engineering
“I am very proud to be able to introduce this series as the fruition of a joint publishing venture between Butterworth-Heinemann and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers.
This essential text is part of the IIE accredited textbook series from Newnes – textbooks to form the strong practical, business and academic foundations for the professional development of tomorrow’s incorporated engineers.
Forthcoming lecturer support materials and the IIE textbook series website will provide additional material for handouts and assessment, plus the latest web links to support, and update case studies in the book.
Content matched to requirements of IIE and other BSc Engineering and Technology courses. Practical text featuring worked examples, case studies, assignments and knowledge-check questions throughout. Maths in Action panels introduce key mathematical methods in their engineering contexts.
- Introduction: The basis of engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solutions to problems