Now featuring the problem-solving CD-ROM, StressAlyzer, the Sixth Edition of this book continues its tradition as the leading text in Mechanics of Materials. With its hallmark clarity and accuracy, this text develops student understanding along with analytical and problem-solving skills.
The main topics are the analysis and design of structural members subjected to tension, compression, torsion, bending, and more. The book includes more material than can be taught in a single course so instructors have the opportunity to select the topics they wish to cover while leaving any remaining material as a valuable student reference.
2. Axially Loaded Members.
4. Shear Forces and Bending Moments.
5. Stresses In Beams (Basic Topics).
6. Stresses In Beams (Advanced Topics).
7. Analysis of Stress And Strain.
8. Applications of Plane Stress (Pressure Vessels, Beams, And Combined Loadings).
9. Deflections of Beams.
10. Statistically Indeterminate Beams.
12. Review Of Centroids and Moments of Inertia.
References and Historical Notes.
A. Systems of Units and Conversion Factors.
B. Problem Solving.
C. Mathematical Formulas.
D. Properties of Plane Areas.
E. Properties of Structural-Steel Shapes.
F. Properties of Structural Lumber.
G. Deflections and Slopes of Beams.
H. Properties of Materials.
Answers to Problems.
James M. Gere
9706864822 | 9789706864826