Is it a physics text or a history text? This book is all over the place. There’s a lot of storytelling about the history of modern physics and then, almost as if by accident, there will be some actual physics. It doesn’t do very well at explaining either, making this a very frustrating textbook to try to read.
2. Special theory of relativity.
3. The experimental basis of quantum theory.
4. Structure of the atom.
5. Wave properties of matter and quantum mechanics i.
6. Quantum mechanics i.
7. The hydrogen atom.
8. Atomic physics.
9. Statistical physics.
10. Molecules and solids.
11. Semiconductor theory and devices.
12. The atomic nucleus.
13. Nuclear interactions and applications.
14. Elementary particles.
15. General relativity.
16. Cosmology — the beginning and the end.