The 4th Edition of this immensely popular textbook brings readers up to date with the latest advances in this rapidly developing field. It has been thoroughly revised and expanded, combining entirely new chapters on current hot topics with existing chapters that have been rewritten and extended.
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 4th Edition provides real breadth of coverage, taking account of both molecular biology and industrial applications. It also gives in depth coverage of key areas, resulting in a uniquely comprehensive publication.
Highlights of this 4th Edition include increased coverage of the cloning of yeast and animal cells and plant genetic engineering, and new coverage of polymerase chain reactions, DNA fingerprinting, transgenesis and vaccine development, reflecting the rapid growth of interest in these areas.
The book presents the information in an easily assimilated form and makes an ideal undergraduate text. It will be of particular interest to students of biology and chemistry, as well as to scientific workers from outside the field who need a rapid introduction to the subject.
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology primarily has a teaching function and as such should prove invaluable.
- Fermentation Technology
- Molecular Analysis and Amplification Techniques
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- The Expression of Foreign DNA in Bacteria
- Yeast Cloning and Biotechnology
- Cloning Genes in Mammalian Cell-lines
- Plant Biotechnology
- Molecular, Structural and Chemical Biology in Pharmaceutical Research
- Genetically Modified Foods
- Molecular Diagnosis of Inherited Disease
- DNA in Forensic Science
- Vaccination and Gene Manipulation
- Protein Engineering
- Immobilization of Biocatalysts
- Downstream Processing: Protein Extraction and Purification
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Subject Index