In the Tenth Edition, virtually every aspect of the teaching and learning solution has been revisited and redesigned to assist students in comprehending the fundamentals of organic chemistry. The authors’ thoroughly explain and illustrate each new idea when it is first introduced and then reinforce the new idea or concept by having students work related problems.
2. Representative Carbon Compounds: Functional Groups, Intermolecular Forces, And Infrared (Ir) Spectroscopy.
3. An Introduction To Organic Reactions And Their Mechanisms: Acids And Bases.
4. Nomenclature And Conformations Of Alkanes And Cycloalkanes.
5. Stereochemistry: Chiral Molecules.
6. Ionic Reactions: Nucleophilic Substitution And Elimination Reactions Of Alkyl Halides.
7. Alkenes And Alkynes I: Properties And Synthesis. Elimination Reactions Of Alkyl Halides.
8. Alkenes And Alkynes Ii: Addition Reaction.
9. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance And Mass Spectrometry: Tools For Structure Determination.
10. Radical Reactions.
11. Alcohols And Ethers.
12. Alcohols From Carbonyl Compounds: Oxidation-Reduction And Organometallic Compounds.
13. Conjugated Unsaturated Systems.
14. Aromatic Compounds.
15. Reactions Of Aromatic Compounds.
16. Aldehydes And Ketones I: Nucleophilic Additions To The Carbonyl Group.
17. Aldehydes And Ketones Ii: Enols And Enolates.
18. Carboxylic Acids And Their Derivatives: Nucleophilic Addiction-Elimination At The Acyl Carbon.
19. Synthesis And Reactions Of ß-Dicarbonyl Compounds: More Chemistry Of Enolates.
21. Phenols And Aryl Halides: Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution.
24. Amino Acids & Proteins.
25. Nucleic Acids & Protein Synthesis.
Answers To Selected Problems.