Renowned for its student-friendly writing style and fresh perspective, John McMurry’s ORGANIC CHEMISTRY WITH BIOLOGICAL APPLICATIONS offers full coverage of the foundations of organic chemistry–enhanced by biological examples throughout.
Based on user feedback, McMurry continues to discuss the organic chemistry of biological pathways and now adds two dozen additional organic chemistry topics, as well as new problems, new illustrations, and new essays. Media integration with Organic OWL, a customizable online learning system and assessment tool, reduces faculty workload, facilitates instruction, and helps students master concepts through tutorials, simulations, and algorithmically generated homework questions.
2. Polar Covalent Bonds; Acids and Bases.
3. Organic Compounds: Alkanes and Their Stereochemistry.
4. Organic Compounds: Cycloalkanes and Their Stereochemistry.
5. Stereochemistry at Tetrahedral Centers.
6. An Overview of Organic Reactions.
7. Alkenes and Alkynes.
8. Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes.
9. Aromatic Compounds.
10. Structure Determination: Mass Spectrometry, Infrared Spectroscopy,
and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy.
11. Structure Determination: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
12. Organohalides: Nucleophilic Substitutions and Eliminations.
13. Alcohols, Phenols, and Thiols; Ethers and Sulfides.
A PREVIEW OF CARBONYL CHEMISTRY.
14. Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition Reactions.
15. Carboxylic Acids and Nitriles.
16. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution Reactions.
17. Carbonyl Alpha-Substitution and Condensation Reactions.
18. Amines and Heterocycles.
19. Biomolecules: Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins.
20. Amino Acid Metabolism.
21. Biomolecules: Carbohydrates.
22. Carbohydrate Metabolism.
23. Biomolecules: Lipids and Their Metabolism.
24. Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids and Their Metabolism.
25. Secondary Metabolites: An Introduction to Natural Products Chemistry.
0495391441 | 978-0495391449