This book provides a comprehensive and integrated exposure to airplane performance, stability, dynamics, and flight control. It supports a two-semester course for senior undergraduate or first-year graduate students in aerospace engineering. Basic aerodynamics
, dynamics, and linear control systems are presented to help the reader grasp the main subject matter.
In this text, the airplane is assumed to be a rigid body–elastic deformations and their effects on airplane motion are not considered. Numerous solved examples illustrate theory and design methods.
Several exercise problems with answers are included in each chapter to help the reader acquire problem-solving skills. In addition, MATLAB tools are used for the control design.
- Review of Basic Aerodynamic Principles
- Aircraft Performance
- Static Stability and Control
- Equations of Motion and Estimation of Stability Derivatives
- Linear Systems, Theory, and Design: A Brief Review
- Airplane Response and Closed-Loop
- Inertia Coupling and Spin
- Stability and Control Problems at High Angles of Attack.
Performance. Stability. Dynamics and Control of Airplanes Bandu N. Pamadi
1563475839 | 978-1563475832