* Assumes little initial mathematical or physical sophistication, developing insights and abilities in the context of actual problems
* Provides thorough treatment of the simple systems basic to this subject
* Emphasizes UNDERSTANDING of the techniques and results of modern quantum chemistry
* Treats MO theory from simple Huckel through ab intio methods in current use
* Develops perturbation theory through the topics of orbital interaction as well as spectroscopic selection rules
* Presents group theory in a context of MO applications
* Includes qualitative MO theory of molecular structure, Walsh rules, Woodward-Hoffmann rules, frontier orbitals, and organic reactions develops MO theory of periodic systems, with applications to organic polymers.