Statistics for Business and Economics is a brief introduction to business statistics that balances a conceptual understanding of statistics with the real-world application of statistical methodology. This essentials version features selected core topics from the authors’ market-leading Statistics for Business and Economics, 8th, presented in 22 chapters.
It includes the highly-regarded strengths of the longer text, including the problem-scenario approach that uses real-world examples to introduce statistical techniques. Methods, Applications, and Self-Test exercises include hundreds of problems based on real data. Examples and exercises throughout focus on ways that statistics contribute to improving the quality of products and services. This text can also be computer integrated at the discretion of the instructor. Instruction for data analysis based on Microsoft Excel and Minitab is included in appendices of appropriate chapters. Case problems are also provided with the text, with data sets available on disk for both Minitab and Excel formats.
2. Descriptive Statistics: Tabular and Graphical Presentations.
3. Descriptive Statistics: Numerical Measures.
4. Introduction to Probability.
5. Discrete Probability Distributions.
6. Continuous Probability Distributions.
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
8. Interval Estimation.
9. Hypothesis Testing.
10. Statistical Inference about Means and Proportions with Two Populations.
11. Inferences about Population Variances.
12. Tests of Goodness of Fit and Independence.
13. Analysis of Variance and Experimental Design.
14. Simple Linear Regression.
15. Multiple Regression.
16. Regression Analysis: Model Building.
17. Index Numbers.
19. Nonparametric Methods.
20. Statistical Methods for Quality Control.
21. Decision Analysis.
22. Sample Survey (on CD).
Appendix A: References and Bibliography.
Appendix B: Tables.
Appendix C: Summation Notation.
Appendix D: Self-Test Solutions and Answers to Even-Numbered Exercises.
David R. Anderson / Dennis J. Sweeney/ Thomas Arthur Williams
0324066759 | 978-0324066753