This market leading book offers a proven, comprehensive, applications-oriented approach. Written by authors who are highly regarded in the field, the text provides sound methodological development. The discussion and development of each technique is presented in an application setting, with the statistical results providing insights to decisions and solutions to problems.
2. Descriptive Statistics: Tabular and Graphical Presentations.
3. Descriptive Statistics: Numerical Measures.
4. Introduction to Probability.
5. Discrete Probability Distributions.
6. Continuous Probability Distributions.
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
8. Interval Estimation.
9. Hypothesis Testing.
10. Statistical Inference about Means and Proportions with Two Populations.
11. Inferences about Population Variances.
12. Tests of Goodness of Fit and Independence.
13. Analysis of Variance and Experimental Design.
14. Simple Linear Regression.
15. Multiple Regression.
16. Regression Analysis: Model Building.
17. Index Numbers.
19. Nonparametric Methods.
20. Statistical Methods for Quality Control.
21. Decision Analysis.
22. Sample Survey (on CD).
Appendix A: References and Bibliography.
Appendix B: Tables.
Appendix C: Summation Notation.
Appendix D: Self-Test Solutions and Answers to Even-Numbered Exercises.
David R. Anderson / Dennis J. Sweeney/ Thomas Arthur Williams
0324380259 | 978-0324380255