The authors guide you through an intuition-based learning process that stresses interpretation and communication of statistical information. Simple notation–including the frequent substitution of words for symbols–helps you grasp concepts and cement your comprehension.
2. Collecting data sensibly.
3. Graphical methods for describing data
4. Numerical methods for describing data
5. Summarizing bivariate data
6. Probability.8. Sampling variability and sampling distribution
9. Estimation using a single sample
10. Hypothesis testing using a single sample
11. Comparing two populations or treatments
12. The analysis of categorical data and goodness-of-fit tests
13. Simple linear regression and correlation: inferential methods
14. Multiple regression analysis
15. Analysis of variance.