Focusing on helping students to develop both the conceptual understanding and the analytical skills necessary to experience success in mathematics, we present each mathematical topic in this text using a carefully developed learning system to actively engage students in the learning process.
We have tried to address the diverse needs of today’s students through a more open design, updated figures and graphs, helpful features, careful explanations of topics, and a comprehensive package of supplements and study aids. Students will benefit from the text’s student-oriented approach. We believe instructors will particularly welcome the new Annotated Instructor’s Edition, which provides answers in the margin to almost all exercises, plus helpful Teaching Tips.
2. Acute Angles and Right Triangles.
3. Radian Measure and the Circular Functions.
4. Graphs of the Circular Functions.
5. Trigonometric Identities.
6. Inverse Trigonometric Functions and Trigonometric Equations.
7. Applications of Trigonometry and Vectors.
8. Complex Numbers, Polar Equations, and Parametric Equations.
9. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
Appendix A: Equations and Inequalities.
Appendix B: Graphs of Equations.
Appendix C: Functions.
Appendix D: Graphing Techniques.
Solutions to Selected Exercises.
Answers to Selected Exercises.
Index of Applications.
Margaret L. Lial / David I. Schneider/ John Hornsby
0321227360 | 9780321227362