Continuing in the spirit of its successful previous editions, the ninth edition of Beer, Johnston, Mazurek, and Cornwell’sVector Mechanics for Engineersprovides conceptually accurate and thorough coverage together with a significant refreshment of the exercise sets and online delivery of homework problems to your students.
Nearly forty percent of the problems in the text are changed from the previous edition.The Beer/Johnston textbooks introduced significant pedagogical innovations into engineering mechanics teaching. The consistent, accurate problem-solving methodology gives your students the best opportunity to learn statics and dynamics.
At the same time, the careful presentation of content, unmatched levels of accuracy, and attention to detail have made these texts the standard for excellence.
The Beer/Johnston textbooks have over the years introduced significant pedagogical innovations into engineering mechanics teaching. Careful presentation of content, unmatched levels of accuracy, and attention to detail has made these texts the standard for excellence.
This book, the ninth edition of the classic text Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics & Dynamics continues in the spirit of its successful previous editions, provides conceptually accurate and thorough coverage together with a significant refreshment of the exercise sets and problems.
- SI Units used throughout the book.
- Visual Program: Liberal use of effective-forces diagrams to achieve a more intuitive and complete understanding of fundamental principles.
- Real World Examples, Applications & Problems: Helps students identify circumstances in there daily lives and better understand the concepts.
- Computer and Design Problems: Problems are designed to be easily solved using popular computational programs like Matlab, Mathcad, and Maple.
- The computer problems focus on symbolic manipulation and plotting rather than programming aspects
2. Statics of Particles
3. Rigid Bodies: Equivalent Systems of Forces
4. Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies
5. Distributed Forces: Centroids and Centers of Gravity
6. Analysis of Structures
7. Forces in Beams and Cables
9. Distributed Forces: Moments of Inertia
10. Method of Virtual Work
Beer & Johnston / Elwood Russell Johnston/ Ferdinand Pierre Beer
007727556X | 978-0077275563